Saturday, February 15, 2014

Models on the run.

To create art is one thing; to photograph it (well) is another.

For my wall art pieces I enjoy using the natural light and our dark wood table.  I think the contrast is beautiful.  For my headbands and clips I still love to take a shot or two like this, but I find for these types of items you sometimes need a little help visualizing what they will look like in practice.  

Cue my model, a 15 month old baby girl with a headful of hair.  Now I'm blessed to have such a beautiful little girl but GOODNESS once she decided to walk she also decided she would not sit still. No longer do I have a docile willing participant, rather she will run around the house with the merchandise on or she'll run around the house having pulled the clips out of her hair.  It's a full on exercise in...exercising to get a few good shots of her with a clip or headband in.  

If you see such a picture know that directly before and after the shot this little girl could also be mistaken for a Tasmanian Devil, an adorable one.


No comments:

Post a Comment